Friday, February 10, 2012

This Week in Science #9

What I DID
This week we researched about skates,perches,frogs,and mice.Then we picked which animals we wanted to dissect and we observed its external anatomy.The next day was dissection day and we picked a skate.It smelled really bad so we had masks.I found a liver,intestine,and stomach.

What I LEARNED
I learned that a skates skin is tough to cut through and when you cut a skate you make an I shape under the gills.Also that you cant find a skates heart easily.I never found it.And that a skate has spiky skin.

Structures And Functions
So the other people at our table were doing a frog.There weren't any similarities that I know of.They were too different.However the mouths of the animals were very different.The frog had no teeth with an extra long tongue and the skate had a rough mouth,still no teeth but it felt rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment